Finestop RA is a one-component fluid-applied vapor permeable air/water-resistive barrier. Waterproof and resilient, it may be spray-, roller-, trowel-, or brush-applied directly to approved wall substrates. It provides excellent secondary moisture protection behind most wall claddings including EIFS, stucco (slip sheet required), brick, siding and metal panels.
|Meets ICC-ES AC212 water-resistive barrier tests||One fully qualified air/water-resistive barrier material for the entire building|
|Meets requirements of ICC-ES AC 148||Can be used as a flexible flashing in rough openings or through-wall penetrations|
|Meets ASTM D 1970 Nail Sealability Requirements||Self-sealing|
|Approved for Finestone Wall Systems||Full system warranty with Finestone EIFS and stucco wall claddings|
|Liquid-applied, continuously-bonded membrane; eliminates seams, lap joints and staples||Transfers wind loads directly to the substrate|
|One component, water-based, very low VOC content||Safe for workers and the environment, low odor, easy application|
|Nonflammable as applied||Promotes workplace safety|
|Compatible with lightweight, low-cost spray equipment||Fast, easy economical application|
|No primer required||Single pass application on most substrates|
Finestop RA is used as a vapor permeable air/water-resistive barrier over the following exterior wall substrates:
- ASTM C1177 type sheathings, including DensGlassTM exterior sheathing, DensElementTM exterior sheathing, eXPTM sheathing, GlasRoc® sheathing, Securock® glass-mat sheathing, Weather DefenseTM Platinum sheathing, GreenGlass® sheathing
- PermaBaseTM brand cement board by National Gypsum (or other ASTM C1325 Type A Exterior approved cement boards)
- Untreated Exposure I or exterior plywood sheathing (grade C-D or better)
- Untreated Exposure I OSB
- Gypsum sheathing (ASTM C79/ASTM C1396)
- Poured concrete/unit masonryFinestop RA should not be used for below grade applications or on surfaces subject to water immersion.
Finestop RA complies with the air barrier impermeability requirements of the Massachusetts Energy Code.