A/BC 1-Step is a dry-mix polymer adhesive and base coat containing Portland cement, and requiring only water for mixing.
|Dry, bagged product||Does not require heated shipping or storage; just add water to mix|
|Mix only what you need||Use for small repairs; reduces dumpster and landfill costs of pail disposal|
|Lower cement-to-polymer ratio||Reduces the chance for efflorescence|
|Smooth, creamy consistency||Trowels easily, speeds mesh embedment, reduces applicator arm fatigue, increases job-site productivity|
|Water based||Safe, non-toxic; clean up easily with soap and water|
A/BC 1-STEP is designed for use as the adhesive and/or base coat in several wall systems from Finestone.
A/BC 1-STEP is used with the Pebbletex Wall System to adhere expanded polystyrene insulation board to the following acceptable substrates:
- Finestop RA
- Unpainted and unglazed concrete or unit masonry
- PermaBase® brand cement board (or other ASTM C1325 Type A Exterior approved cement boards)
- Poured concrete/unit masonry
- ASTM C1177 type sheathings, including e²XP®, GlasRoc®, DensGlass®, Securock®, Weather Defense® Platinum and GreenGlass® sheathing
- Gypsum sheathing (ASTM C79/C1396)
Note: Do not use on wood-based sheathing substrates.
A/BC 1-STEP is used with Pebbletex EIFS, Pebbletex-D, D7, -D10, Finescreen CBS and all Finestone Surfacing Systems to embed Corner Mesh and Finestone REINFORCING MESH.
A/BC 1-STEP will also adhere expanded polystyrene insulation board (EPS) to expanded polystyrene insulation board enabling the build out of architectural shapes and details.
22.6 kg per bag (50 lbs per bag)
Approximate coverage rates are as follows:
- Embed STANDARD MESH: 11.1 m² (120 ft²) per bag.
- Embed INTERMEDIATE 12: 7.8 m² (85 ft²) per bag
- Embed HI-IMPACT 20 & STANDARD MESH: 6.5 m² (70 ft²) per bag
- Adhere EPS insulation board to substrate: 6.5 m² (70 ft²) per bag via notched trowel method
- Adhere EPS insulation board to substrate and embed STANDARD MESH: 4.6 m² (50 ft²) per bag