FINESTONE A/BC (ADHESIVE BASE COAT) is a 100% acrylic adhesive and base coat that is field-mixed with Type I or Type II Portland cement. It has a very creamy texture that spreads easily.
|Smooth, creamy consistency||Trowels on easily, speeding mesh embedment and reducing applicator arm fatigue; increases job-site productivity|
|Familiar 1:1 mixing ratio||Easy to mix—less chance of error|
|100% Acrylic||Provides long-term durability|
|Water based||Safe, non-toxic; clean up easily with soap and water|
A/BC is designed for use as the adhesive and/or base coat in several wall systems from Finestone.A/BC is used with the Pebbletex Wall System to adhere expanded polystyrene insulation board to the following acceptable substrates:
- Unpainted and unglazed concrete or unit masonry
- PermaBase® brand cement board (or other ASTM C1325 Type A Exterior approved cement boards)
- Poured concrete/unit masonry
- ASTM C1177 type sheathings, including eXP™, GlasRoc®, DensGlass™, Securock™, Weather Defense™ Platinum and GreenGlass® sheathing
- Gypsum sheathing (ASTM C79/C1396)Note: Do not use on wood-based sheathing substratesA/BC is used with Pebbletex EIFS, Pebbletex-D, -D7, -D10, Finescreen CBS and all Finestone Textured Acrylic Surfacing Systems to embed CORNER MESH and Finestone REINFORCING MESH.
A/BC will also adhere expanded polystyrene insulation board (EPS) to expanded polystyrene insulation board enabling the build out of architectural shapes and details.
27.2 kg per 19-liter pail
(60 lbs per 5-gallon pail)
Approximate coverage rates are as follows:
- Adhere EPS insulation board to substrate:
14.8 m² (160 ft²) per pail via notched trowel method; 16.7 m² (180 ft²) per pail via ribbon & dab method.
- Embed STANDARD MESH:
26 m² (280 ft²) per pail
- Embed INTERMEDIATE 12:
18.5 m² (200 ft²) per pail
- Embed HI-IMPACT 20 & STANDARD MESH:
14.8 m² (160 ft²) per pail
- Adhere EPS insulation board to substrate and embed STANDARD MESH:
11.1 m² (120 ft²) per pail