The Finestone Wall Systems team has developed a robust set of AIA/CES courses designed to help you stay current on the latest building envelope construction strategies and trends. Our courses are led by highly-knowledgeable instructors with real-world experience.
Learn more about available courses and submit the form below. We will contact you to schedule a Lunch & Learn at a convenient time for you and your team. The Insulated Masonry Veneer Systems course is also available online and on-demand,
learn more and register.
Insulated Masonry Veneer Systems
Course: WLSYS04Credits: 1.0 LU hour (HSW)What you can expect from the course.
- Understand the challenges of multi-clad projects
- Identify the importance and relevance of the IBC and the IECC and the required testing for compliance
- Evaluate the key physical properties that impact long term performance of these systems
- Understand how insulated masonry veneer systems can meet code compliance and durability while allowing for the desired aesthetics to be met for the project
- Properly specify Insulated Masonry Veneer Systems
This course is also available online and on-demand, learn more and register.
The Concepts of Color Appearance and Perception
Course: COLOR01Credits: 1.0 LU hourWhat you can expect from the course.
- Describe the influences on color perception and the three dimensions to color
- Understand color appearance and perception
- Understand the Light Reflectance Values of color, and the impact it can have
- Choose the most suitable types of pigments based on project/product requirements
- Identify the most common pigment qualities and their impact on color stability
The Evolution of EIFS
Course: BASFEIFSCredits: 1.0 LU hour (HSW)What you can expect from the course.
- Explore the functional and aesthetic development of EIFS since its inception
- Demonstrate how changes in construction practices and code requirements are affecting wall cladding design
- Explain how EIFS can be a simple and cost effective solution to meeting the Energy Code
Fluid-Applied Air, Water and Vapor Barriers
Course Number: FAAWVPCredits: 1.0 LU hour (HSW)What you can expect from the course.
- Learn about the role of barriers in building envelope performance and how to treat rough openings in the wall using fluid-applied air barrier systems
- Learn air barrier requirements and ways to demonstrate compliance
- Learn the similarities and differences between air, vapor and water-resistive barriers and understand the criteria of a performance-based fluid-applied barrier material specification.
Optimizing Stucco Performance
Course Number: BASFOSPCredits: 1.0 LU hour (HSW)What you can expect from the course.
- Understand how to ensure performance of Stucco systems through proper specs, details, materials and options
- Explore considerations that must be evaluated in order to ensure long-term performance of a project